Category: Collaboration tools
One of the main assignments we have left before the end of the semester is to develop a digital learning resource using Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver. I have chosen to create a resource that introduces learners to bumblebees. The goal of this resource is to teach learners how to identify the 12 species that occur in Ireland.
It is important that this resource contain interesting interactive elements, such as buttons that the learner has to click on, or items that they have to drag and drop. Interactive learning materials such as these highlight one of the strongest features of e-learning, which makes it a far more stimulating resource than one which contains just multimedia. Interactivity helps to enrich learning and maintains the learner’s interest. However, designing these materials is another matter entirely.
Continue reading “Learning communities”
This week our team received our grade for the instructional document that we created together. All in all, I think we did surprisingly well. There were a number of errors in the document, which some of us probably should have noticed. But we also did many things quite well.
Overall, I enjoyed working in a virtual team. I enjoyed the discussion amongst people and being able to bounce ideas off other team members. It was great knowing that there were people who you could turn to if you were having problems or difficulties – I think that everyone in our group was considerate in that respect.
Continue reading “Final thoughts on the collaboration project”
So this week saw a bit more progress with our group, although we do still unfortunately appear to be moving very slowly with the project. I wish that we could have had more time to get to know each other (and our various schedules!) a bit better.
Two main things happened. Firstly, I set up a folder on Google Drive that the whole group can access. Now we all have access to the same documents in the one place and we can update them instantly.
Continue reading “The usefulness of Facebook”
So this week saw a little more progress on the virtual team collaboration project. A discussion thread was opened on Sulis so that we could all begin throwing around topic ideas. Early on, a few people voiced their agreement towards the idea of writing instructions for Instagram.
Continue reading “Beginning collaboration”
This week we began working on the virtual team assignment. This is a collaboration project which sees students from the University of Limerick working with students from the University of Central Florida and the University Paris Diderot to produce a short set of instructions for online use. Once this document is complete, the French students translate the instructions from English into French. Every student is assigned to a team which contains two or three people from each university.
Continue reading “Beginning the virtual team assignment”