So far, the translation stage of the virtual team assignment seems to be progressing well. We have had to make only minor changes to the English text as a result of the French translation. And there is lots of guidance available on how to write for translation, so these errors are relatively straightforward to correct. In fact, our only major problem at this point has been due to a localization issue rather than anything to do with translation.
For the virtual team project, our team decided that two people would be needed to work as graphic designers. Our particular project is about writing instructions on how to use Instagram, and we realised early on that we would need an awful lot of screenshots to accompany the written instructions. And this therefore meant that there would be a lot of work in this role.
So I had a choice between the editor and second graphic designer role, and I ended up taking the graphic designer role. Continue reading “Document design 101”