This week our team received our grade for the instructional document that we created together. All in all, I think we did surprisingly well. There were a number of errors in the document, which some of us probably should have noticed. But we also did many things quite well.
Overall, I enjoyed working in a virtual team. I enjoyed the discussion amongst people and being able to bounce ideas off other team members. It was great knowing that there were people who you could turn to if you were having problems or difficulties – I think that everyone in our group was considerate in that respect.
Continue reading “Final thoughts on the collaboration project”
This week marked the final week for our team to complete our document for the virtual team collaboration assignment. Apart from a couple of queries about the translation, all had been pretty quiet in our Facebook group for a while now.
I know that on my part, I was completely overrun with other assignments in the past few weeks: the XML document, the storyboard for digital learning resource, the proposal for the dissertation project, and organising an interview with a professional technical communicator. In fact, I became so preoccupied with these other assignments and deadlines that I began to see this collaboration project as more and more of a nuisance, especially since it is worth so little in comparison to all the others. I could only assume that everyone else in the team had similar problems with coursework and encroaching deadlines.
Continue reading “Almost there! The final stage of virtual team assignment”